So… Peter over @ My Boring Triathlon Blog http://petertakeda.blogspot.com/
Tagged me on the 11 things
Yay! and Thanks!
I think I'm the last one to do it…
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
I think everyone has done this now…
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 random things about me:
1. I have had sole custody of my kids (now 18 and 16) for the past 10 years
2. I smoked for 10 years
3. Dipped Skoal for 15… Quitting Skoal was the hardest thing I've ever done
4. I have been a triathlete since 1997… I am still one of the slowest swimmers in every race I do…
5. I love peanut butter
6. I never cuss in front of my kids but do like a sailor around my friends
7. Was in the National Guard for 13 years. I quit when I got my kids full time. I had just made Captain.
8. I am a rule follower and have great respect for authority (yet I'm still not going to follow all the rules of this tagging J)
9. I competed as a "Clydesdale" for the first 10 years I did Triathlon. I'm nowhere near that weight now.
10. I am a chocoholic (my desk drawer @ work)
11. I do PT on myself in my office almost daily
11 questions for you to answer:
1. Why and how did you get into triathlons?
I wanted to do one since I seeing Thomas Magnum compete in Magnum, PI back in the 70s. I entered a Sprint Triathlon… did no swim training, bought a bike the day before the race… and had a blast.
2. Dark or white meat?
When it comes to turkey… Dark
3. Beer, wine or liquor?
Wine – Red Zin and blends are my favorites
4. Where did you grow up?
Chattahoochee, FL – home of the state mental institution
5. TT or road bike?
I have one of each. I rode the TT bike on the trainer this morning
6. Favorite vacation?
I took my kids on a road trip to D.C., Philly, and NYC
7. What do you do now that your parents did (and hated) when you were growing up?
Correct my children's grammar
8. Your favorite sport (not including swimming, biking or running)?
9. How many days per week do you spend on Slowtwitch?
10. How long ago was it since you've been hammered (drunk)?
A couple of years
11. $20,000. What would you buy with it?
A new car for my youngest kid…