A Most Peculiar Gray
sent me the below in an email regarding my DNF... and subsequent ponderings in my previous post "hopefully I can learn to swim, hydrate, electrolyte balance, fuel, and pace myself over the next 4 months"
Have you thought about how to work it out? You've already said you prefer to train with very minimal nutrition, however, it didn't work the same way on race day?
I have been thinking about it... here are some of my thoughts...
1. I seem to be fine and dandy on glycogen stores for 4-5 hours (less in the heat)
2. I have gotten quite comfortable training and racing on that since I have mostly done races in that timeframe in the past few years.
3. I am trying to go fast
4. if I keep my heartrate under 125 I can eat pretty much whatever I want.
5. I'm not incredibly speedy at a 125 HR (19mph on the flats on the bike 10 min mile run)
What am I gonna do?
1. Do more 5+ hour training sessions
2. Practice/experiment with nutrition strategies
3. Not let a DNF bother me