Annual Tri-DRS year end survey
Mine is more of a numbers game
1. What one word describes your 2012 season? Did it play out like you anticipated?
Yes... 2012 was the year that I turned 45... and realized that no amount of HTFU could render me indestructible. I am learning to do maintenance on myself... how to rest... etc.
2. What one word comes to mind when you think about your 2013 season?
Stated goal for RATS this year... can we do it? I don't know but as Mario Cippiolini once said... "I will do the maximum to be at my maximum"
3. What was your greatest thrill or joy this year from training or racing?
I came in 4th in the B class at one of our local cyclocross races... having my name called and getting a prize was pretty dang sweet
4. What was your biggest disappointment this year from training or racing?
Standing on the Kokopelli trail... 30 miles into the 40 mile day... realizing my will could force my body no further... and finishing was out of the question
5. Did you race at all in 2012? If so, what was your favorite race and why?
RATS - too many to recount http://allaboutpace.blogspot.com/2012/06/rats-part-1.html
6. Do you plan to race in 2013 and if so ,what is your race schedule?
Jetty to Jetty Ultra - Feb
Croom's Fool 50 miler - April
RATS - June
7. What are you goals for 2013?
Sub 30 at RATS
Win a cyclocross race
But really goals are just daydreams without a plan...
Sub 30 at RATS will require:
Weight at or below 169 (Currently at 182)
Hill training - Saturdays have been dedicated to this pursuit since 1 November
Nutrition and hydration strategy/execution my eternal weakness needs to become a strength
Get healthier as I get fitter (nifty trick at 45)
Fast group rides
Healthy able legs
Obtain some better handling skills