For those that know me well…. The mere fact that I’m signing up for a swimming race is I’m sure amusing…
But… with a 2.4 mi swim coming up at GFT… Our tri club’s annual open water swimming race should be good practice…. Especially followed up by a 4 hour ride.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Registration and Finish: 5th Avenue North, Jacksonville Beach, FL
1.25 Mile Swim or 2.5 Mile Swim
1. Each swimmer must wear a swim cap. These will be provided.
2. Swimmers may not touch the ocean bottom.
3. No swim aids (fins, paddles, etc.) will be allowed.
Top Male and Female finisher in both races will receive an overall awards. Top Male Masters and Female Masters in both races will receive an overall award. Awards will be given to the top Male and Female finisher in each age group of each race.
Age groups: 15 & under, 16-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, etc. to 60 & over.
1. Direction of the race will be determined morning of the swim, taking into account the current. Busses will take the swimmers to the starting point of the swim.
2. We will be exiting either to the north or south of the fishing pier- we will NOT swim through it!
3. Lifeguards and kayakers will be on the course, however this is an open water swim!
This is not the time to test your open water skills for the first time!
Click here to register online: http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1961295
Or you can download a paper application here: Online HOM Application
I'm totally gonna win
Feel free to come along for the fun!