My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just follow Mike

my little linebacker
Swimming....

So I'd been out of the pool for a while... not so much for injury sake... but because it's football season.... No not that kind of football.. in Florida girls flag football is a spring sport... and my little 15 year old is starting wide receiver/linebacker on the varsity team.
Games on Mon/Wed have knocked me out of my normal masters swim routine so last night I was back at it... being spring break and all...



3500 yds... I felt the best/sleekest/fastest I ever have in the water.

One of the things I like so much about masters is that I don't really have to think... I just follow Mike. Mike is probably old enough to be my dad... rides his bike 300 miles a week... and is the quiet, unassuming  "lane leader" in the guppy lane.... and all I do for 90 minutes is follow his feet. Which I did and kept up better than I ever have.

Last night, however, my shoulders hurt so badly that I had trouble sleeping.

Still managed to crawl out of bed and do 2x spin this morning...

Press on!


 

4 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I played linebacker!!!! Linebackers freakin rock

DRog said...

nice starting WR/LB!!

great swim! sore shoulders is good? and solid followup spin - ur on it

D

Wes said...

guppy lane or no, 3500 yards?!? ANIMAL! :-)

B.o.B. said...

Rock on! And kudos to your little linebacker for being on varsity. you go girl!

Followers