My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Charity Events



 
I'm done…  really
 
I mean I love to exercise…  run…  ride bikes
 
And I have a great appreciation and a heart full of love for charity.
 
And I give.
 
But…
 
As I sit here staring at the registration page for The Katie Ride for Life (a great story and organization BTW) http://www.katierideforlife.org/ and add up the money required to participate…  I have come to the conclusion…
 
I just can't do it anymore…  I mean my non endurance athlete friends can barely stand to hear me talk about my hobbies…  and while they might give me money to shut up…  I can't ask them to give money for me to go out and do what I was going to be doing anyway (riding my bike/running)
 
I am heartless you might say…  well let's just say that I have put my money where my mouth is for the past few years…  almost all of the charity events that we have done we have donated the minimum amount out of our pockets along with paying the entry fee…
 
But I can't even do that anymore…
 
My hat/helmet is off for all of those who do…  and I might even kick in a few bucks for their cause
 
Live, laugh, run, play exercise, give, compete, give, love, enjoy
 
Just maybe not all at the same time.
 
 

No comments:

Followers