My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Friday, September 6, 2013

August Recap



I know…  we are already 1 week into September but…
 
 
Another month spent just exercising and being active…
 
 
I still have a few little injuries that haven't remedied themselves but…  then again I'm not 23 years old anymore.
 
It's good to feel some cycling fitness return, and I know like Eddy Merckx said if I "ride lots" I will continue to improve.
 
I read a couple of books:
 
 
As with anything written by Pat Conroy, it was excellent.  I had actually first read the book when I was about 18.  Interesting to read the book again with the experience of fatherhood as well as that of a son.
 
I also read "Calico Joe"
 
 
And Grisham is a great storyteller…  and I love baseball history…  I should have loved the book but…  it was just okay
 
I didn't listen to any books this month but I did discover Podcasts…  or to be specific a podcast that I enjoy.
 
"Open Mic with Mike Creed"
 
it's basically recently retired domestic pro cyclist Mike Creed talking cycling with people involved with pro cycling.
 
I dig it.
 
Got some big plans for the coming year…  I'll blog about that soon.
 


 

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thanks for the podcast, I need some new ones to listen to

Followers