I often make goals and plans… but far less often do I go back and reflect on how things went.
From January 2012
I think that I will give myself a grade for each
2012 Focus and Goals
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Things I would like to focus on
1. Suppleness (B – mostly because of what I learned – I worked at this for the first half of 2012 then slacked off later in the year…)
2. Flexibility (C – I worked hard on this for the first few months of the year then let it slide a bit… and have paid for it)
4. Swim for exercise… not to be a fast swimmer or competitive triathlete(I – Incomplete - I did not swim at all… :-\ )
5. Bike – find a way to ride outside more… might play into moving and where we move (B- we moved just a few miles away and in so doing, now not only can we get out to ride without driving somewhere… we have found hill repeats 5 minutes from our front door *in Florida*)
6. Yoga – make it part of the routine – at least once a week (D – in spite of the fact that I am certified to become a yoga instructor this activity has fallen to the wayside for me.)
7. Try to average 5 posts a week… it's the only life I have… why not chronicle it?(F – let's just mark that down as overly ambitious J)
8. Be in shape and ready for Cross season… that means some power and threshold work in the fall when I'm normally a runner and tapering for triathlons (B+)
9. Ride that bike trainer… like I have in years past… it's good training… it's good base.. and good therapy mental and physical. (A – lots of trainer rides especially in my 100 rides in 100 days streak)
10. Read more books (A+ - I'm back being a book nerd- having an iPad and an iPhone with numerous readers and audio books is *sweet* at one point this year I was in the midst of reading 3 books at a time)
1. For both of us finish RATS (C – neither of us ran the whole race but we had a fabulous time out there)
2. Sub 5 at the ACT ½ IM (F – we did not even train for it)
3. Do the local cross series w/o getting lapped (A- not only did I stop getting lapped actually placed in the next to last race of the series)
Overall final grade A+++++
How could I possibly get any lower when I got married to the most fabulous, wonderful, sweet, loving, athletic, giving lady on the entire planet?
2012… my favorite year!