My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tallahassee


Today we visited my old stomping grounds

On the way we stopped at the classiest convenience store in Lake County and got this nice photo op:


Judi had a 3 hour meeting…

And after we planned to ride here:

http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/panhandleeast/trails/tallahassee_stmarks.htm
a nice rail trail from Tallahassee to St Marks on the Gulf coast.

Since I was going to be bored for a few hours Judi conveniently forgot to pack bike shorts…

At 0930 she was off to her meeting and I was off on a shopping mission.

A couple of hours and a few dollars later I had purchased what amounted to be passable attire for her and went off in search of the YMCA.

To say Tallahassee hasn’t changed since I left there 20ish years ago is like saying David Banner is basically the same guy when he gets mad.

Well 20 minutes or so after I set out my blackberry and I found the YMCA.

Ad a nice quick circuit…  then back to pick up Judi.


Judi’s new pants…  and yes she still has a number on her bike from a ½ IM in Oct (don’t judge)  J

And no she does not always ride on her aerobars like that

The trail was nice…


My attempt at artsy


The best part of the ride was the stop in St Marks…

Beer and fries at some dumpy bar and grill…

Our view:


Us:


Just one of the funny posters on the wall:


All finished and cleaned up:





http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/panhandleeast/trails/tallahassee_stmarks.htm
 

1 comment:

B.o.B. said...

well that place looks lovely, and i don't mean the trail.

happy new year to you both! hoping i get to actually meet you guys in 2012.

Followers