My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Doing what I love and lovin what I do...

.

Yesterday I was reading this post from Big Daddy Diesel…

I know where he’s coming from


and while I do get up…  make lunch for my kids… and do the 9-5 M-F corporate grind…  it’s just a small part of my life…

the rest is illustrated by this past weekend.

Judi and I got in a nice 7 miler at lunchtime on Friday just to get a jumpstart on the weekend.

Somewhere near Lake Butler, FL
We followed that up with a 3 mile run on the site of our Next Ultramarathon (more to come on that later).  We had planned to run 6 but had a challenge or two getting out the door… . then had a planned meet-up with a few of my old work buddies from Winn-Dixie for a 75 mile ride.

The ride was heckawindy…  and the forecast of sunny and 72 by noon was way off…  it was barely 55 when we finished... but we did and had a good time catching up with some of the old WD IT crew.



Sunday morning we ran 16 in even higher winds than the day before…  despite that we nailed our planned pace and felt strong at the end.

Post Sunday morning run
In between all this training we also cooked (and ate) some really good food…  watched a couple of good movies, some parenting, and did some mindless chores around the house… 

Took the girls out to lunch
And loved every minute of it…





Jimmy did zero training this weekend


4 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

You guys are beastly! That was some awesome training ya'll did this weekend. Way to go!!!

Wes said...

do you live to work or work to live? sounds like we are on the same page!

runnergirl training said...

Great post! Good job!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thanks for posting your idea on it

I work in the corporate grind as well, thus my out of work activities should make me happy, and this season I wasnt happy, we only live once, and our time on earth is short, we need to be happy and enjoy it.

Love this post

Followers