My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Valley Forge


Just a bit over a week ago I had an opportunity to run for a few hours at Valley Forge.


For those of you who want to brush up on the deets…  http://www.nps.gov/vafo/index.htm


Some nice trails there both paved and unpaved.


Checked out the housing




Found Mt. Joy



Loved the trails there…


I ran them 3 or 4 times

All in all quite a beautiful place to run.  I got in 15 or so miles.  I would have taken more pictures but my hands were freezing.

When I got back in the car I turned the heat on full blast...  where it stayed for the next 30 minutes while I thawed out heading back into the city...  searching for a resturaunt.

and what is it with Philly???...  the resturants in that city seem to be placed nowhere near the freeway exits.

never fear I did find somewhere to eat.

3 comments:

Matthew Smith said...

Man, I hate running in the cold. It just blows! Way to go on a solid run though. I've only been to Philly once, and I was little. I remember the Liberty Bell.

IronLinae, PhD said...

Looks like a beautiful run, even in the cold. So where did you eat?

it's all about pace said...

hey Linae... I found a Ruby Tuesday and put a hurtin' on that salad bar

Followers