The Triathlon Listserv I have been a member of since 1996 asks it's members to do a Yearly recap. My response is below:
1. What one word describes your 2010 season? Does it match what you said last December in anticipation of this year?
Last year I said RATS
And while RATS was an unforgettable journey... not just through the desert either... it was a journey of self-discovery through training, diet, and rest... and yes even more training on top of training. It was not and end all over-the-top kind of experience... it was a peak, however, a perch from which I was able to look around at a myriad of other possibilities.
I chose the word confirmation for 2010 because in the end I think I have become what I at one time thought I could not be... a decently fast competitive endurance athlete. This was my 13th season of multisport and the first time I've felt this way.
2. What one word comes to mind when you think about your 2011 season?
Competitive - I have some lofty goals for 2011
3. What was your greatest thrill or joy this year from training or racing?
A Familiar sight Judi and Me Using my station wagon as a transition spot
Judi - I met my dream girl... with whom I do 90% of my training and racing... and we have a blast together... and she has only missed getting hardware at one race this year.
Sorry if that's mushy or whatever... it's just the fact.
4. What was your biggest disappointment this year from training or racing?
Jax Marathon - it was just not my day
5. What was your favorite race in 2010?
Atlantic Coast Triathlon
I think this was my favorite race in 2009 as well... just a small and simple 1/2 IM race in October... the perfect end of season triathlon