My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Riding the Trainer (I guess I'm that guy…)



On Black Friday I did a 3 hour training ride on the indoor trainer.
 
To which I got this response:
 
3hrs on the trainer? Wow!  Those are hard rides.   I have about 5-6 of those in me in a season, be careful not to use those all up unless you really need to.    Sort of like timeouts in a football game, keep them close to your chest and use them wisely!   Unless you're one of those strange breeds that has no problem sitting on the trainer for 3hrs!
 
 
I guess I'm that guy…
 
Thought process:
 
Okay, 3 hours steady endurance zone.  I can't ride from home…  too many red lights, stop signs, cars.  So…  I need to get all of my gear together, plan a route, plan a stop for more water etc.  Load everything up, Drive at least 10 miles.  
 
Ride by myself on the same dang road.  It is pretty out there…
 
but I digress.
 
Load the bike up, get out of that wet chamois…  drive home.   Unload, put everything away.
 
The 3 hour ride just took up half of my day.
 
Or
 
Cue up a steady workout on Trainerroad, put the bike on the trainer, find a movie or two. 
 
 
No commute, no redlights, no idiot drivers, no layering of clothing
 
I'd generally prefer riding with my friends but often the trainer trumps riding alone.  J
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jford said...

I agree, I have never been hit by a car while riding my trainer!

Followers