My photo
Jacksonville, FL, United States
In Life as well as in running the secret is Pace.

Monday, December 22, 2014

A change of "Pace"

I loved running…  and I miss running…  I miss the brain in neutral, legs on autopilot, quiet solitude, it was a balm to my soul.
 
But those days have passed…  it's time to add to the list of things I can still do but that I should probably avoid:
 
 
 
1.      Tackle Football…  it was the first to go back in my mid-twenties..  I’m not sure why I was still doing that in the first place
2.      Basketball…  the first knee related stoppage
3.      Ultimate Frisbee – oh how I loved this sport in my 30s and I played like a 10 month old Lab puppy
4.      And now running – I can still do it…  can still do a 22 minute 5k…  but it hurts…  for days
 
 
This was 2014
 
 
2013:
2012:
 
Yes…  the transformation is complete.
 
The great news is that I have found another sport to enjoy...  But... I think it might be time to change the name of the blog.
  
 

3 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I need to get more into biking, but from the little I've tried, my butt just can't take the seat.

Will Cooper said...

Don't give up. I have a feeling you still have some gas in the running tank. You need to get off the pavement, and on to only grass, dirt and maybe a track. Mix it with some beach running. It's all good.

B.o.B. said...

Well? What is it!?!?

(Thanks for the videos!!!)

Followers